Career Level Senior
Experience 3 Years
Industry Oil & Gas
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Reference ID: 120839BR
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
- If you’re a driven IT professional who has gained valuable experience in role above, this is the chance to propel and develop your career.
Where you fit in
- Information technology is critical to Shell’s businesses in Nigeria continuing to help meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
- The IT function provides capabilities that continually improve the way our business is run and is focused on aligning and simplifying IT systems to increase customer satisfaction and business value.
- You’re going to be joining a team of talented IT and Digital professionals, who relish taking initiative, think innovatively, and ready to develop new skills to be successful in a dynamic multinational environment.
What are the role?
- We are looking for high-potential Systems Engineer who will create huge impact to the growth of our business in Nigeria.
- The Systems Engineer is end-to-end responsible for the operations of the landscapes and the delivery of the day-to-day E2E application or IT infrastructure services according to the agreed Service Levels and/or Operate Level Agreements.
- You are expected to drive incident/problem resolution by managing key operational activities such as configuration, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- You will ensure that the regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations and assist with evidence collection. In addition, you will be a pillar in the transition activities of enhancements and project solutions.
- The operations landscape you will be looking at includes enterprise business systems such as SAP ECC6 ERP, SAP Basis and many more industry specific systems.
What we need from you
- We’re keen to hear from passionate professionals who have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You must have excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively translate business insights to our stakeholders.
- You’re someone who is innovative and thinks out-of-the-box to be able to quickly link technical solutions with business strategy.
Ideally, you should have as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, minimum 2nd class lower
- 3-7 years of corporate IT experience
- Agile project delivery experience
- Professional certifications related to business analysis, project or programme management, systems and software engineering
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modelling
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience in development platforms such as HTML5 – Microsoft .Net, Microsoft .Net (Services and Windows), Linux, Java, Mobile Development (IOS), Mobile Development (Android), HTML5 – SAP Application Development, Service – SAP Application Development, COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf Software)
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ , Python or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g/12c or the latest version, Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016 or the latest version, and awareness of HANA Database, Sybase database, SAP Solution Manager, Linux/Windows/Scripting, and ITIL.